Top Three Tips for Cloud Application Management – From EMA
Recently, EMA came out with a very informative webinar which focused on end user experience monitoring for the Cloud. You can see a full recording here (you do not even need to provide an email address).
The entire slide deck is available below via SlideShare.
If I had to sum up the top three tips in three words, they would be:
Be paranoid about your end user experience monitoring
- Watch every transaction from every user
- Get the key user experience metrics
- Look across space
Be smart about your end user experience monitoring
- Create performance models
- Compare between good and bad transactions of the same type
- Compare between new and old production behavior
Be lazy about your end user experience monitoring
- Enforce Service Level Agreements (SLAs) on end user experience
- Automatically alert when response times reach thresholds
- Automate actions to improve performance
If you are interested in more on this topic you may find tomorrow’s live “Confessions of a CIO” webinar interesting.